Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lifestyle Blog?? We'll see but its still me - SolesUp Baby


What a busy time I have had these past few months! Time and changes mean that the blog has got to be dynamic and shift its focus a bit…..so in the coming months SolesUp will be more than just personal style! We are now a lifestyle blog……..whatever that means…more topics, more pictures & more fashion!
So here’s my first foray into new things…….. I tried new makeup!!! That’s a big step for me!
I have been for the past few years, using Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation in dark…… the dark is however too dark for me but I tend to try to blend it out with a lighter powder etc……blah blah blah. In any event, on one of my numerous trips to Target (Le Tar-Jay) I stumbled upon the L’Oreal Paris True Match make up………they were out of my Maybelline dark which I buy in bulk (don’t ask). I had been told by a friend that my makeup was just too dark and so I impulsively decided to try the True Match in N7/Classic Tan.
 
 
Let me just say that this thing is a dream…………the color matches my in between skin tone perfectly AND is lightweight!! The coverage is pretty sheer but I can layer it for extra coverage where needed and since it is sooooooo lightweight I don’t feel like I am wearing a ton of makeup. Now I have oily skin and the thing I love about this foundation is that it does not melt…..a phenomena common to women with oily skin where it appears that the makeup on your face is melting away……..it stays put even with minimal primer and anything layered on top also stays put. I did notice a bit of absorption but it does not promote itself as a long wear foundation so I was okay with that….it’s a drugstore priced brand and worth every penny……give it a try let me know what you think!!!
 
 

Now if I can just find a comparable powder, hit me up with comments and suggestions please.......talk to you guys soon!!
Breathe! Its required for living!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I use True Match as well. The powder that goes well with that is MAC. Tash

    ReplyDelete